Views
Helpful
Replies

72033-jk9sv-mz.122-18.SXD5.bin

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

the fillowing IOS includes Bugs or not?let me know?

72033-jk9sv-mz.122-18.SXD5.bin

10xs

8 Replies 8

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

you tell me:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

hey Brad!

i cant do that:

Your Cisco Guest Login is not entitled to use Bug Toolkit.

Registered Customers and Partners may register for access here

hello edison and jon

plz can u reply here?

10xs

The Release Notes should contain the major bugs

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/ol_4164.htm

They are usually listed under 'Caveats'.

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

just tried to run the search for you, but the bug tool is having problems. I'll try again later for ya.

"System Message: We are aware of tool instability, failed database connections, and blank results when attempting to view bug details. If you experience these, please try again later. We are working hard to resolve these issues."

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

here are the severity level 1 bugs that are open:

CSCeh21210

MF: DHCP Snooping crash when server send invalid option 82 Info

Open 1

CSCei80699

multicast tunnel if_number numbers being duplicated Info

Open 1

CSCsb08386

PRP crash by show ip bgp regexp Info

Open 1

CSCsg10075

'show policy-map i/f' on --more-- prompt blocks MQC database updates Info

Open 1

CSCsg70474

IOS FW with h323 inspect crashes when malformed H.323 packets received . Info

Open 1

CSCsd85587

7200 Router crashes with ISAKMP Codenomicon test suite . Info

Open 1

CSCsg03804

Time-Based ACL never stops matching on SUP720 with 12.2(18)SXF4 Info

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

10xs brad for ur effort

paul.matthews
Level 5
Level 5

All complex software (and IOS certainly fits that category) will contain bugs - code is written by humans, andwe have yet to find a perfect human.

Even if you can see the list of bugs in that code, there is no guarantee that there will not be something in the way your network operates that will highlight a previously undiscovered bug.

You mention your access does not let you use the bug tool - that's a pity. While it is not working correctly at the memoment, when it works it is a very useful tool for researching potential software.

The options available to you are to look for release notes as mentioned. Look for other versions of the same code as well and cpmpare the "open caveats" section. That is basically the list of known bugs that are likely to be of general interest - it is not an exhaustive list.

How do you get your support? There are a number of routes that may be achieved. If you deal with a partner, you should talk to them about the siftware and ask them to look into it for you. It may also be worth saying "PICA" to them. That is Partner Initiated CCO Access. I am not 100% certain, but it may allow you access to the bug toolkit - it certainly can be set up to allow access for downloads and to view TAC cases the partner raises on your behalf.

If the equipment is on a SMARTnet contract, you should ask for the contract number and get that associated with your profile on CCO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: