cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacking 7 3750's

Colin Craig
Level 1
Level 1

I originally stacked 5 3750's using the stackwise cable. Everything worked nice because the first switch was stack1-1, the second was stack1-2, third was stack1-3 ... Now I have added 2 addtional switches (7 in total) and it appears to randomly assigned stack numbers to the switches and even changed the original switches.

Is there a way to specify which switch is which in the stack (so they are sequential top to bottom in my rack?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Neuromancer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Here is how you renumber the stack:

Go to global configuration mode.

Issue the command switch current-stack-member-number renumber new-stack-member-number .

Return to the privileged EXEC mode and reload the member with the command reload slot current-stack-member-number .

After the member boots up, issue the command show switch to verify the stack member number. If the number is used by another member in the stack, the switch selects the lowest available number in the stack.

Here is more relevant information on how to further manage your stack: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00807811ad.shtml#number

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Neuromancer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Here is how you renumber the stack:

Go to global configuration mode.

Issue the command switch current-stack-member-number renumber new-stack-member-number .

Return to the privileged EXEC mode and reload the member with the command reload slot current-stack-member-number .

After the member boots up, issue the command show switch to verify the stack member number. If the number is used by another member in the stack, the switch selects the lowest available number in the stack.

Here is more relevant information on how to further manage your stack: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00807811ad.shtml#number

Hope this helps!

thanks!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card