Views
Helpful
Replies

MSTP issues

armin.kask
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to get MSTP working between Foundry SuperX and Cisco Catalyst 3560 switch. I have configured the regions and vlan mappings the same on both switches, but for some reason Cisco shows dispute on " sh spann mstp int gi0/47 det"

Can anyone explain why this would happen. I know that they are from different manufacturers but MSTP should be a standard. Both switches are using the newest soft so it shouldnt be a pre-standart issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Francois Tallet
Level 7
Level 7

The Cisco switch will display this if its neighbor does not accept its information. So basically, it is an indication that the Foundry box is not accepting the Catalyst information. That should not happen, even if your Cisco bridge was running a pre-standard version of MST. I'm afraid this has rather to be debugged on the Foundry box first. Note that I'm not assuming this is a Foundry issue necessarily, but I'd like to know why the Foundry box is not accepting the Catalyst information.

Regards,

Francois

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco