cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster Routing - Translation Configuration?

jasonfaraone
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to add backup functionality to a few important numbers in our organization. What I have set up with our telco is that in the event of a downed PRI, I can have certain numbers forwarded to DIDs at another location, and then have CallManager translate those so that they end up at their original intended destination.

For example, someone from the outside dials 123-321-4567. This number is mapped to internal extension 1021234. I have the telco forward 123-321-4567 to 987-789-6543 (in theory, a valid DID at another site). How would I go about having CallManager redirect calls for 987-789-6543 to 1021234?

We have 5 locations, running from a CM cluster in our Saint Louis location. Is my goal achievable? I'd like to have a few numbers from each sight redirected to STL in the event that the remote sites PRI has failed, and I would like to redirect STL to our Kansas City location.

I think I've described everything accurately, but let me know if I omitted important details.

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can create a translation pattern in CCM admin under Route Plan -> Translation Pattern for each redirection. For example, create a translation pattern for 9877896543 that translates the called number to 1021234. Make sure the translation pattern is in a partition accessible by the calling search space of the gateway and has a calling search space which can access the partition of the called DN.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks! I was mostly on the right track, but somehow managed to goof up the partition configuration. At any rate, your post is very appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: