Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS between 6500 and 7206

derekgaeth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue between a Cisco 6500 and 7206VXR. We are marking incoming traffic with DSCP(5 and 2) at the border and shaping based on the values on the 7200.

Most traffic seems to be coming through with a DSCP 0. Even though it is being marked at the border and working on other 6500s. It is only the 7200s that are having the issue. I have placed an access list on the core interface of the 7200 to confirm traffic is coming through as DSCP 0.

We use dscp 5 for international and dscp 2 for domestic. This used to work when we had 7500s marking the traffic, but broke once the 6500s went in. We are also running MPLS across the core.

Any ideas

Cheers

3 Replies 3

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Are you using QOS ACLs on the 6500, or just setting the ports to trust DSCP?

Can you put an analyzer(Sniffer or Wireshark)on the 6500 ingress and egress ports to verify it is rewriting packets?

Dave

Hi, We are using policy maps on the ingress interfaces to set dscp

policy-map SET-DSCP-INTERNATIONAL

class AllTraffic

set dscp 5

policy-map SET-DSCP-NATIONAL

class AllTraffic

set dscp 1

I know it is working because we are using it to police traffic on other devices in the network. just seems to be the 7200s that it does not work on. They are directly connected via gig links.

Cheers

Have you map the marking dscp value to the class map at 7200?

class-map AllTraffic

match dscp 5

And you can rename the class AllTraffic at policy-map as "ALLTrafficNational"

and put the configuration

class-map AllTrafficNational

match dscp 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card