Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM5.1 BAT Update Phones

paulhardy
Level 1
Level 1

CallManager System version: 5.1.2.3000-2

I am trying to update many phones at a time using the Bulk tool. I am trying to update the last section on the phone device page that includes options like

PC Port

Settings Access

Web Access

If anyone know of a way please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

6 Replies 6

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

When you refer to 'trying' to update the phones using the BAT tool, do mean that it is failing for you?

You can certainly update the device settings through the BAT tool for changing the PC Port and Web Access amongst other settings.

Under the Update Phone option when you select the phones you require changing by using either a query or customer file, you simply enable the checkbox by the setting and change the field accordingly from enable to disabled for example.

Regards

Allan.

Thanks for the reply.

This is what I am doing.

Bulk Administration -->Phones-->Update Phones-->Query

*I then search for the phones I want to update and click next

I can then update the following sections

Device Information

Protocol Specific Information

External Data Locations Information (Leave blank to use default)

Extension Information

Certification Authority Proxy Function (CAPF) Information

MLPP Information

Secure Shell Information

Assign IP Phone Services

Job Information

I do not have access to

Product Specific Configuration Layout

which is where the web access and other settings are.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

You will only have access to the Product Specific Configuration Layout, if all the devices within the Query results are the Same Type and Protocol, i.e. if you results returns 7940 SCCP 7940 SIP & 7960 SCCP, you will not be present the options for Product Specific Configuration Layout, as there is no common Product.

Hope that helps.

- Dave

That makes sense. thanks. We do have a mixture of 7971 and 7941 phones.

paulhardy
Level 1
Level 1

I have found a way. Ill share my findings

You cant update these through the query tool.

The way to do this is to create a csv file with the extesnions you want to update(or export the phones using the export BAT)

The you use the BAT Update phones using custom file . this way gives you the option to update these settings.

Hope this helps

Paul

Good to hear that you were able to work around the problem. The fact that you are not presented with the options to change the various device setting when using the query must be a bug and maybe worth raising with TAC if it causes you too many problems.

The reason is that on an earlier CCM release 5.0.x which I have in a lab, I certainly have the options to update these device settings.

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: