cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1801/K9 - can the ADSL firmware be upgraded to support Annex M?

mtsclarke
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if the ADSL chipset firmware of my Cisco 1801/K9 can be upgraded to support Annex M?

Thanks

Nick

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, apparently to support annex M you have to buy by special part numbers for that.

Can someone from Cisco confirm this officially? Is the chipset in the Cisco 1801/K9 and the Cisco 1801-M/K9 completely different hardware?

According to STMicroelectronics website, the 20190 chipset is multistandard and supports G.992.5 annex A, B, I, J, M. The 20184 which forms part of the 20190 chipset is supposed to have switchable cut-off frequencies for Annex A and Annex M - see attached datasheets. Could an upgrade to the firmware achieve this?

It would be very useful to be able to do this, as I could then take advantage of higher upload speed, without having to buy new hardware or use SDSL.

Thanks

Nick

Independently from the technicalities of the issue being discussed, I would like to ask the person that low rated my post, to explain the reason why, as I stated the simple truth and should not bear responsibility for an unpleasant situation on which I have zero influence.

Apologies - no offence intended, I'm new to the forums. I rated 2 which equals to "Somewhat useful", which is what I genuinely thought your post was.

No offense is taken, unfortunately my post 100% answered your question, in short "no upgrade is possible". In light of that, '2' is not fair, better would bem no rating at all then.

Good luck anyway!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card