cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connection problem with 7606

vidyalv00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a 7606 switch using GBIC fibre connection to the other site switch through SP. Both ports configuration are trunk mode,I can't ping the other site switch SVI from my SVI(both are on the same subnet and VLAN), but SP switch in the middle using SVI can ping our both sides,also I can ping the other site after I replace from 7606 to 2950 with same configuration.

7606 can recieve the arp from the other site switch, but the age is 0. The debug information shows it sent a arp without the opposite mac-address.

interface GigabitEthernet1/1

no ip address

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan 200

switchport mode trunk

interface Vlan200

ip address 192.168.1.100 255.255.255.0

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Vidya ,

confirm me whether below one was exact setup or not.

7606 switch - SP Switch-- Site switch.

problem is you are not able to ping to site switch fro 7606 switch..if you replce 7606 with 2950 u r able to ping to site switch.

Can you paste the configs and connectivity b/n switches.

Thanks,

satish

Hi satish,

The problem is I can only see my site switch (7606) which I already paste the configs upper, I can tell my site the configs is correct, and also according to the testing result I guess the opposite configs should be fine, and I can't understand why the SP switch in the middle one can use vlan 200 (SVI) ping both sites if we have the misconfigs on the opposite switch, even when I replaced the 2950 with same configs it can work. How can explain that ?

Thanks

Yufeng

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: