V.35 cable

Unanswered Question
Dec 10th, 2007

Hi,

I am using NM-8A/S card on Cisco 2821 router . Very frequently , few serial ports on NM-8A/S card get admin shutdown . The error message which comes is

%CIRRUS-3-HWNORESPONSE: The CD2430 Controller is not responding, power cycle the router.

The cisco site says that there could be clocking problem or non standard cable is being used.

The link is OK. I doubt there could be problem with V.35 DTE cable . Can I remotely find on router by enabling any command whether the cable being used is Cisco cable or local make ?

regds,

aman

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bwilmoth Mon, 12/17/2007 - 14:53

The "CD2430 Controller" is the async controller on the NM-8A/S. This problem is also known to occur with a faulty or mis-seated module. I would suggest turning off the router then reseating the NM-8A/S.

Goutam Sanyal Mon, 12/17/2007 - 21:43

Hi,

Find the CISCO Ref,

Explanation: The CD2430 controller has failed to respond to the user request. This condition is due to unsupported clocking or the use of a nonstandard cable.

Recommended Action:Check the clocking and cable. Use Cisco cables only. If this message recurs, copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

Thanks & Rgds

Goutam S

Actions

This Discussion