Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Problem with outgoing calls

I have a UC520 with 4XFXO and i pluged a PSTN line into FXO interface, but I have a problem : when I call an outside number, one time the call success another time the call fails

I need help from every one who knows the problem

email address : mguertit@africasp.com

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I notice that for each destination pattern, you have dial peers pointing to the following ports:

0/1/0

0/1/1

0/2/0

0/2/1

0/2/3

For each of these dial peers, your preference is set to 1. Are these all valid ports? If they are all valid ports and you want them to be tried in sequence when making an outgoing call, set the preferences as follows:

0/1/0 - preference 0 (This is the default)

0/1/1 - preference 1

0/2/0 - preference 2

0/2/1 - preference 3

0/2/3 - preference 4

You will need to do this for each destination pattern (911, 9911, 900T, etc). This should also help you narrow down if you have a bad port.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you post the running configuration from the UC520?

Brandon

Hello.

You found here the output of the show tech command, it include the running-config

Thanks in advance

I notice that for each destination pattern, you have dial peers pointing to the following ports:

0/1/0

0/1/1

0/2/0

0/2/1

0/2/3

For each of these dial peers, your preference is set to 1. Are these all valid ports? If they are all valid ports and you want them to be tried in sequence when making an outgoing call, set the preferences as follows:

0/1/0 - preference 0 (This is the default)

0/1/1 - preference 1

0/2/0 - preference 2

0/2/1 - preference 3

0/2/3 - preference 4

You will need to do this for each destination pattern (911, 9911, 900T, etc). This should also help you narrow down if you have a bad port.

Brandon

Thanks a lot for your help, but I want to use only one dial peer with only one FXO interface because I have only one ADSL line at the moment

Best regards.

Then you will need to remove the dial peers in your config which reference the other ports. These other dial peers are why you are seeing failures.

Brandon

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

The outgoing pr is now resolved, but I have another problem with this time incoming calls.

When I call from ths outside, the call is correctly received by the UC520, and the communication between caller and called person is very good.

When the caller end the call, the IPPHONE don't end the call immediatly and still show connected message in it's screen.

Best regards.

This sounds like an FXO disconnect problem. Take a look at the following link for a description of the problem and some possible solutions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Brandon

I am reading the document is very good

Thanks.

Hi,

I stood have the same problem with incoming calls.

The document is very good, but no solution for my problem.

Best rgards.

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

Have you checked all of the phone lines with an analog phone?

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

Hello,

Yes, I have only one DASL line, I cheked it using a simple analog phone, it works fine

On the UC520, i tested it on the 4 FXO interfaces, the behaviour is the same

Best regards.

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

What EXACTLY do you have plugged into your UC520? Only a single FXO is connected? If this is the case, then you need to remove config that is using non-connected ports.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

Hi,

Exactlt, it's what I did this afternoon

The outgoing problem is now fixed

But I have now another problem with incoming calls.

The incoming call is well received and the communication between the caller and called person is very good.

When the caller end the call, the IPPHONE still showing the connected messag in it's screen for a long time til I end the call manually

Best regards.

Best regards

excellent, glad that worked. please rate the posts! :)

regarding the connected msg, it sounds like your UC520 isnt recognizing the line has been dropped. I think another forum user just posted the link of things to look into.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: