Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity query

UCBNOCWAN
Level 1
Level 1

guys,

Regarding Cisco Unity 4.0(3), I have one query. We are running 4.0(3) on Exchange 5.5. Is it possible to upgrade Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003? I know that Unity 3.1, 4.0 can run on Exchange 2000 ( have worked on such systems in the past).

3 Replies 3

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

As of Cisco Unity 4.0(3), Exchange 2003 is supported as a message store for Unified Messaging configurations. Installing Exchange 2003 on the Cisco Unity server is not supported.

So not sure what is your question, you can upgrade your Exchange 5.5 to 2003 as long as it is not installed in the same box as the Unity server.

HTH

//Jorge

Thanks Jorge, that's precisely what I was looking for. We have Exchange 5.5 installed on the same box as Unity. So I guess nothing is possible on our existing setup, unless we perform a complete migration from scratch. Is there any Cisco document that lists the implementation procedure for putting Exchange 2003 on one cluster & Unity on another box?

Thanks Jorge, that's precisely what I was looking for. We have Exchange 5.5 installed on the same box as Unity. So I guess nothing is possible on our existing setup, unless we perform a complete migration from scratch. Is there any Cisco document that lists the implementation procedure for putting Exchange 2003 on one cluster & Unity on another box?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: