Shared Line

Unanswered Question
Dec 11th, 2007

With CCM 6.0 how do you make a line apprearance on two phones, so an admin asst can see when her supervisor is on the phone? In the past I have done this with a shared but there is a conflict in Unity concerning voice mail.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 1 (1 ratings)
smahbub Tue, 12/18/2007 - 09:36

The controlled device limits apply only to active applications; controlled device associated to inactive (disabled) applications do not count against the limit. The controlled device limits assume one CTI controlled line per device. Each additional CTI controlled line on the same device counts as a separate device for CTI capacity planning purposes. (For example, 400 devices with two CTI controlled lines per device counts the same as 800 CTI controlled devices.) Shared lines on another device also count against the limit if the shared line is controlled by a CTI application.

Chris Deren Tue, 12/18/2007 - 10:13

It works the same as always, the GUI progrmaming is a slightly different. You simply assign the shared DN to the second Device and all other settings, i.e. parition, CSS, forward settings, etc should appear. You can still customize fields such as display, ring settings, VM settings, etc for each shared DN independently.

What Unity conflict are you referring to? When the call goes to Unity it will be redirected to the subscriber with the shared line extension configured.

HTH,

Chris

Actions

This Discussion