Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 526

Guys,

I cannot figure out how to enable management over dynamic interfaces on a wlc 526. I can find the management over wireless on the GUI but not the option to enable the above mentioned one. If I try by CLI the only option after "config" is "advanced". Also if I do a "show network" from the CLI I get that "management via dynamic interface" is disabled. Any ideeas? Thanks a lot. Alex.

4 Replies 4

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

You can enable it when logging in the WLC GUI, Management->Magmt Via Wireless, please enable the option by checking the box and applying the setting. You should be able to reach the WLC after enabling this.

Thanks very much for the reply but that check box only enables management via wireless and not via a dynamic interface. Just log on the CLI and do a "show network" and you will see two separate lines there: one with management via wireless and one with management via dynamic interface. I am looking for a way to enable management via a dynamic interface.

Thanks again,

Alex.

They are same thing

Thanks again for the replies guys.

Ok if you say so. But after enabling management via wireless and logging in to cli to check them out with "show network" the management via wireless shows enabled and the one via dynamic int shows disable. Why? Also if I try to get to the WLC via routing (via a L3 intervlan router) the WLC doesn't respond to management (telnet or http) and even to pings. This was the reason I get into this thing in the first time. I need to manage the controller from a different vlan then the native one and via an intervlan router. The network is working ok just the controller seams to drop the traffic if the source ip address is not in the management IP subnet. I also checked this pinging from the intervlan router CLI using as source two interfaces (native vlan and a different one). One ping works and the other doesn't from same machine just using two different IPs as the source of the ping request.

Thanks again and I'm still waiting for a solution to my problem.

Best regards,

Alex.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card