CCIE Security written vs. lab

Unanswered Question
Dec 11th, 2007

I am reading the CCIE security blueprint and the lab and written blueprints are very different. The written blueprint has NAC and MARS, but the lab blue print does not. Also, the lab blue print and equipment says the routers are running 12.2T. That IOS is very old and does not have a lot of the new security features in 12.4 that runs on the ISR routers.

My question, what is the point of getting CCIE Security when it looks like the lab equipment and software versions are not even close to what is being used today?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
ccbootcamp Tue, 12/11/2007 - 11:55

I agree, there are some updates that NEED to happen to the CCIE security lab. The written blueprint was just changed not too long ago, so hopefully the lab will be updated to include 12.4, NAC, MARS, and ISRs. The CCIE Security items are still very realistic in terms of what you could find at a customer site. New deployments are very different than current customer site configs, especially with a lot of sites I see that havent upgraded their hardware in a couple years. 12.2 is probably the code they are running. :)

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

cco-wallace Wed, 12/12/2007 - 22:52

I think the CCIE Security lab should match what is tested on the qualification test.

ccbootcamp Wed, 12/12/2007 - 23:25

I couldn't agree more - I'm not sure why the content of the written doesn't match the lab. Put in a request to the CCIE team.

(although your rating of my original reply kinda bites)

ttyl

brad

johnd2310 Thu, 12/13/2007 - 01:05

I personally think the security lab is fine as it cover most of the OS versions found in production networks. There are losts of networks still running 12.2 but very few doing NAC or running IPV6

my 2 cents

John

Actions

This Discussion