Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO MGCP controlled drop digits randomly

andres.pasten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a group of 5 FXO on a 2821 controlled via MGCP. Each mgcp is connected to an old cellulink, and when I dial using them, the first digit is randomly dropped. I must send 8 digit through the cellulink, but sometimes arrives only 7.

I've checked with show voice call status, and always 8 digits are sended, but on the cellulink screen I can check that sometimes arrives only 7.

It happens in any of the 5 FXO voice ports randomly.

I've readed that it's a problem with the timing digit or timing inter-digit with old cellulinks, but I've tried different configuration for this without any result.

I've also 2 new cellulink connected with another FXO ports, that works without problem.

CCM is an 5.1(1) version and 2821 has a 12.4(3)g IOS.

If you have a solution for this please let me know.

TIA,

Andres Pasten

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Andres,

It does sound like a timer setting.

My first guess would be pre-dial-delay. The default is 1 second, maybe try 2.

Is that doesn't help try timing digit and timing inter-digit

The default is 100ms, maybe try 150.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Do you have you more that one dial-peer configured with the same destination-pattern using your trunk-group of 5 FXO ports?

Ordinarily if your destination-pattern is configured for example as 9.1XXXXXX, then the explicit match is 9.1 and these digits would be stripped and the remaining 7 digits forwarded. Therefore in order to forward all eight digits includng 1 configure forward-digits 8 within your dial-peer.

Regards

Allan.

The FXO are MGCP controlled, so there is no destination pattern configured. The Route pattern is the same for every FXO, because they are assigned in a route group (circular) and linked to the route pattern with a route list.

I've checked on the GW using debugs and show voice call status, and every time I call, the 8 numbers are sended to the FXOs, so there is no strip between the CCM and the MGCP GW.

Thanks,

Andres

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Andres,

It does sound like a timer setting.

My first guess would be pre-dial-delay. The default is 1 second, maybe try 2.

Is that doesn't help try timing digit and timing inter-digit

The default is 100ms, maybe try 150.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for your support, it worked with pre-dial-delay 2 and timing inter-digit 150.

There is only one commentary: because the pre-dial-delay isn't a parameter that can be configured via the CCM interface of the MGCP FXO, everytime I update that interface the configuration on the GW is cleaned from the pre-dial-delay command.

Once again, thanks.

Andres

Andres,

Glad to hear that worked for you.

I never use the automatic MGCP configuration, preferring to control the router commands manually. If you want to clear the auto config:

no ccm-manager config server

no ccm-manager config

Regards, Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: