cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console - Initialization of call control failed - CCM 6.0

rraver
Level 1
Level 1

I setup the attendant console per the Features and Services guide. Whenever I start the attendant console application it launches, when I hit to Go Online it errors out saying "Initialization of call control failed" I created the ac and ac2 user, made sure that the ac user was in the TAPI configuration. Added the ac user to the CTI Allowed hosts group also. Any ideas? I tried it on the same subnet to verify it wasn't a firewall blocking it also.

9 Replies 9

rraver
Level 1
Level 1

see client log

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Ensure that you have added each AC user that you have created to the Pilot Pilot configuration, under the huntgroup member information if have not already.

Although you have associated each user with their respective device, and enabled CTI, you also need to associate these devices with the AC username that you have create for JTAPI.

Incidentally as this is a 6.x AC then you will also need to associate these device with the device authentication username.

In light of the recent information you have provided, I would verify/input the password in service parameters for the ac JTAPI user again.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

In the JTAI configuration I see where you configure the username, but where do you change the password?

The AC username is associated with the devices and hunt group underneath the Application User -> AC configuration.

I don't have the device authentication username setup, is this mandatory? I thought this was optional?

Have you tried resetting/changing the application user AC password?, I was initially refering to 4.x acconfig.bat parameters for changing the password, apologies for that.

Device authentication is optional, however it is a common mistake not associate the device with this user if enabled of course.

Incidentally, which OS platform is the AC installed on? There are known issues with XP and AC.

Regards

Allan.

I think I am missing a link here, in the JTAPI configuration it says ac and the application user is ac, the password is 12345, but where is that referenced on the client? I am unsure what this password is supposed to be synched with?

The ac user is not typically the user name that you log into the console application with. These users are created under Application > Cisco CM Attendant Console > Cisco CM Attendant Console User. The AC username is associated with the JTAPI interface only.

To avoid confusion configure your console users using OP1 and OP2 for example, and configure you application user as AC and pwd as 12345.

Regards

Allan.

I think I got it right, I have three usernames underneath the attendant console user's. I have rraver with my password, then the application user I have "ac" with a password of 12345. It authenticates me fine, but then does the time out. My attendant console username isn't associated with anything, the ac user is assoaciated with my phone and the pilot point.

I restarted the CCM, CTI, and attendant console services and it's now working .. odd

I found this in the troubleshooting guide.

Initialization of Telephony Fails

Symptom

The attendant received a message that the initialization of telephony failed.

Possible Cause

The following list gives additional causes:

•No attendant console application user and/or authorization user exists.

•The controlled phones do not reside in the controlled device list of the attendant console authorization user.

•The user names that you set for the attendant console application user and the authorization user on the Application Configuration window do not match the usernames that you set for these users in the Cisco CallManager Attendant Console Server service parameters.

•The attendant console application user is not associated to the Standard CTI Enabled user group, Standard CTI Allow Call Park Monitoring user group, and/or the Standard Allow Control of All Devices user group in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

Even though I had Standard Allow control of all devices selected, it did not work for me until I added the Standard CTI Enabled user group and Standard CTI Allow Call Park Monitoring user group to the "ac" user.

Call control came up immediately when I saved the user settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: