cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scripting ANI/DNIS parsing on T1 CAS

esmythe
Level 1
Level 1

This is regarding a 2811 CUCME 4.1 installation.

I have a T1 CAS with e&m wink-start signaling. However, the CO is sending digits in a '*[ANI]*[DNIS]*' format. CallManager Express does not support this format out of the box for e&m wink-start trunks.

But the CLEC uses this format for all other PBXs, even though it's vanilla wink-start signalling.

I had heard that the attached script is supposed to grab that digit string and pass them on to the CM ani and dnis variables. I've applied the script to the 2811 but cannot even tell if it's running.

Is there a way to debug a running tcl script? Is there even a chance that this will work?

thx,

-e

5 Replies 5

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

It will be necessary to us an 2811 voice gateway to support this feature if ANI and DNIS are to be delivered on T1 (wink-start) CAS trunks as a single DTMF digit sequence where the two fields are delimited by special characters such as '*'.

I think Currently only AS5xxx supports *ANI*DNIS delivery

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

the script can work but it won't as it is, e.g. check it has "fields" misspelled somewhere. Then it also doesn't handle transfers, you wouldn't be able to transfer calls received by this script.

If you want an easy life, ask telco for PRI.

If that is not possible, you can try to configure as described at:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a008007fe27.html

To go with the script, it is run when associated to an incoming pots dial-peer, and configured as "service' under "application", then it may work.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you for the fields reference... I have looked it over and corrected the reference.

Regarding the transfers... Doesn't this script end after the call is made to the extension? Do you mean transfers are not possible, or that the transfer will not pass the caller id info?

I have asked the telco for the PRI. The T1 CAS allowed us to share a T1 for a WAN failover connection, which is the reason it was put in this way the first place.

The link you sent is available only on AS-series gateways, if I understand correctly.

Your other comments are very helpful.. I have now found some cisco docs on associating a script with a dial-peer, and even debugging ivr scripts.

Hi,

No, the script doesn't end after the call is made, and your sample misses code to handle transfers.

Later this week I will re-release a certain script in the thread "external CCME directory" that supposedly, does transfers correctly.

Remember that anything a CAS circuit can do, PRI does too, only better.

The ISR routers generally have feature parity with the AS series. I have never tried the "ani/dnis delimiter feature", but it should work just as documented.

Thanks for the nice rating, and good luck!

jhindmarsh
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to run the same script attached to this discussion. Has anyone been able to get this script to work?  I have corrected one typo in the script and have not had any success. I am new to TCL scripting. 

I have a customer that still has an old CAS T1 and does not want to change at this time, despite my best recommendations for a PRI. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: