Replies

idle timeout (regard to CSS11506)

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

one of our service has problem:

on server site, there is warning messages same as below:

BEA-100089

Warning: The session id: sessionID has been accessed from currentServer, a server that is neither the primary (primaryServer) nor the secondary (secondaryServer). The request URL was: requestUrl

Description

The session id: sessionID has been accessed from currentServer, a server that is neither the primary (primaryServer) nor the secondary (secondaryServer). Repeated occurrences of this can cause memory problems and performance degredation, as sessions are loaded into memory on more than two servers at a time.

Cause

The most likely cause is a configuration error on a front end hardware loadbalancer or webserver plugin. They should be configured to respect the values of primary/secondary in the cookie (i.e., stickyness), when possible.

Action

Please ensure that the front end webserver or load-balancer has been properly configured.

I have been adviced that I need increase idle timeout.

but, I still do not understand this problem should increase idle timeout or stickness timeout?

if it is idle timeout, the server is 3 min, but, I looked CSS default, it only 8 second, so, do I cause any problem if I increase to 3 min?

If it is stickness inact timeout, server site has not document about it, how many I should set?

my configuration is:

content myservice-80

vip address 10.1.1.10

port 80

protocol tcp

balance leastconn

advanced-balance arrowpoint-cookie

add service myservice-myhost1-80

add service myservice-myhost2-80

active

service myservice-myhost1-80

ip address 10.2.2.11

protocol tcp

port 80

keepalive type http

keepalive uri "/webct/checkStatusForLb"

keepalive frequency 30

active

Any comments will be apprecaited

Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

use the command 'flow-timeout-multiplier 15' to bump the connection idle timeout to 15 x 16 = 240 sec ( 4min).

This is what is needed in your case.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

you can increase the ilde timeout as much as you want.

The only thing you need to keep an eye on is the number of flows active on the box.

This number is limited.

So by increasing idle timeout you make flow stay longer in memory.

So, the command to use is a 'flow stats'

Check for free FCB.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

use the command 'flow-timeout-multiplier 15' to bump the connection idle timeout to 15 x 16 = 240 sec ( 4min).

This is what is needed in your case.

Gilles.

Hi Gilles,

many thanks for reply, and many thanks for previous replies. all of them very much help me.

Back to qustion:

since the prpoblem is port 80, and by my mistake, it is 180 mins (3 hours), so, I should add:

1350 x 8 = 10800 (3 hours)

I may have to monitor more close. could you please advice, how do I know if it causes me any problem? which command can be used to monitor this changes impact?

Many Regards

you can increase the ilde timeout as much as you want.

The only thing you need to keep an eye on is the number of flows active on the box.

This number is limited.

So by increasing idle timeout you make flow stay longer in memory.

So, the command to use is a 'flow stats'

Check for free FCB.

Gilles.