cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

two ASAs one webvpn licence in HA failover

elmin.skrobo
Level 1
Level 1

What will happen in case when i have two ASAs in active/standby failover mode and on one of them ssl vpn licence for 50 user.Is the HA failover on ASA possible at all for ssl vpn? What will happen in this scenario if i put licence with 50 users on first ASA which is active, and if it failes, are the standby going to takeover everything or just two user in default settings, because standby does not have a licence for additional users.

1 Reply 1

cratejockey
Level 1
Level 1

Just saw your post while I was searching for an answer to another question. The answer is that HA will fail all together. I have been down this path with Cisco early on in the ASA life cycle and they have stuck to their Guns.

For 2 ASA to be in HA of any type the must have identical licenses, identical hardware and supposedly identical memory (although we have found that flash can be off by at least 64 MB as long as your image still fits.

Hope this helps you out.

http://www.staticnat.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card