Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS 7825-I2 boot issue

csco10684477
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have MCS 7825-I2, I used the platform configuration dist to install OS, it give black screen initially showing the booting process, and after a while the monitor gives blank screen, I restarted the server, chaged the monitor and the server it self but problem remain, even when I try to boot from th platform disk the monitor remain blank

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

These are the steps in order to recover from failure.

Flash BIOS Update Crisis Recovery (CD Image) Platform Configuration Disk, 80-8470-02 is required.

In order to create the System BIOS Crisis Recovery CD, visit the download license page, click I agree, then download and burn this ISO image onto a CD.

Complete the steps of this procedure in order to recover the BIOS:

Remove AC power from the system.

Remove the top cover from the system.

Move the Boot Block jumper JP4 from its original location that cover pins 1 and 2 to the recovery position that cover pins 2 and 3. Review the inside of the top cover for a diagram of its location, item number 12.

Insert the IBM x206m/x306m System BIOS Crisis Recovery CD into the DVD Drive.

Replace the top cover and reapply AC power to the system.

The system boots into a special recovery mode.

Note: There can be several minutes where the system beeps as the recovery process proceeds. When the recovery is complete, the system shuts down.

After the shut down, remove AC power from the system.

Remove the top cover from the system.

Move the Boot Block jumper (JP4 for x306m) back its original location for normal operation covering pins 1 and 2.

Replace the top cover and remove the IBM x206m/x306m System BIOS Crisis Recovery CD from the DVD drive.

At this point, the system should be fully recovered. Insert the Cisco Unity PCD part number 80-8470-02 or later into the DVD drive and reboot.

thanks

I have try that but same problem, Still no monitor and the " ! " light is orange

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: