Views
Helpful
Replies

load balancing

sujitkr7cisco
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have two links with different ISP's and both the links (512Kbps)are terminated on seprate seprate cisco routers(2811).Currently we are useing one link and another one link is new.I want to loadsharing and redundency between them.Right now i am not using BGP (routers are configured in simple manner).Here is a my client cost matter,so i want .My presant network seneriois like this:-

Internet Ri(Isp1)-- Layer 3 switch (working here like as a simple switch)---firewall 1 (cisco ASA5510)--firewall 2(ciscoASA5510)---Lan.

on firewall-1 remote and site to site vpn configuered, one dmz.

my lan is in 172.16.1.xx series,dmz in 172.16.4.10, and after 172.16.1.30 is using for desktop ,192.168.x.x is managment ip.

Right now i have one another internet link(512kbps) from different ISP.

So please advise me how can i do that (loadbalancing with redundeny). once i was trying oer but not successfull due to IOs image (c2800nm-ipbasek9-mz.124-11.T.bin)and

ISP's AS.it can be possible through natting,and ACL. or ple give me any idea with OER or any solution.If possible ple send me also sample configuration.

If u want any info ,ple ask me .

Please reply me as soon as possible

4 Replies 4

suelange
Level 1
Level 1

i'm not getting a clear picture of your current topology from this description can you upload a diagram? I think you could use EIGRP on the internal layer 3 switches to load balance between your two ISPs but can't say for sure from your description. I am testing that situation right now in my lab and it's working great!

Do you own the public address or is assigned by the ISP?

Are the 2 links from the same ISP?

Are the FWs connected back t back or has been deployed in HA mode.

I think you can run ospf on the ASA's and receive equal cost default routes from both the 2811's to loadnbalance but it all would depend on the answers you provide for the above questions

HTH

Narayan

Dear Narayan

1. Here Public address is assigned by ISP.

2. Internet links are provided by diffrent ISP's.

3. FW 's are connected back to back.

Please find the attachment.

Thanks and regards

sujeet

Great,

I am sending u my current diagram, and in words, ...(prasent)

i am using one ISP(old) which is directly terminated on my cisco router(2811) at s0/0/0 and and e0 is for ehernet and e1 is using managment and link is connected on firewall 1(ASA5510)with trendmicro moudle through cisco layer 3 switch 3550 which is working as a genral L2 switch where poar 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,is for managment port is in vlan 5.and rigt now i am using one another firewall 2 (ASA5510)with IPS module ,is conncted to the directly firewall 1.and through my lan.Here i am using firewall 1 ip as a gatway for my Remote vpn ,site-to-site vpn .and ther on firwall 1 DMZ is also configured.

And now i have one another internet lease line with different ISP and cisco 2811 router , and i want loadbalacing between OLD and new internet .

Due to financial problem client refused loadbalancer(HW).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card