cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sho CCM-Manager showing no active call manager

cfreel
Level 1
Level 1

What is going on is I am trying to setup two pots lines to reach outside of our network. I am using call manager and the phones within our network are able to call each other. However, when we try to reach an outside line we get a busy signal.

I am using a Cisco - 3825 GW router. We have setup MGCP as the protocol. It seems that for some reason the router isn't getting to the call manager. when I type in "sho ccm-manager" it says current active Call Manager: None.

Is there something I need to do in the router to make these two talk?

10 Replies 10

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

can you paste the ccm-manager and mgcp config from the router.

show ccm-manager
MGCP Domain Name: frolgateuc.froltech.co.zw
Priority Status Host
============================================================
Primary Registering with CM cucm (192.168.1.47)
First Backup None
Second Backup None

Current active Call Manager: None
Backhaul/Redundant link port: 2428
Failover Interval: 30 seconds
Keepalive Interval: 15 seconds
Last keepalive sent: 17:55:22 Harare Oct 5 2022 (elapsed time: 3d21h)
Last MGCP traffic time: 15:20:08 Harare Oct 9 2022 (elapsed time: 00:00: 26)
Last failover time: None
Last switchback time: None
Switchback mode: Graceful
MGCP Fallback mode: Not Selected
Last MGCP Fallback start time: None
Last MGCP Fallback end time: None
MGCP Download Tones: Disabled
TFTP retry count to shut Ports: 2

Configuration Auto-Download Information
=======================================
No configurations downloaded
Current state: Downloading XML file
Configuration Download statistics:
Download Attempted : 1
Download Successful : 0
Download Failed : 0
TFTP Download Failed : 2805
Configuration Attempted : 0
Configuration Successful : 0
Configuration Failed(Parsing): 0
Configuration Failed(config) : 0
Last config download command:
FAX mode: disable
Configuration Error History:

@Eddie Tererai Mhishi Why are you posting this on a thread that is from 2007?

Response Signature

honest mistake lol

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

If you have configured all the appropriate ccm-manager commands as defined below, then the issue will attributed to reachability between the Voice-Gateway and CallManager.

Verify that you are able to reach the Voice-Gateway from CallManager.

ccm-manager redundant-host <2nd_ccm_ip_add>

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server

ccm-manager config

If you have ACLs configured on the gateway, ensure that these are not filtering MGCP.

Can you kindly post your config and a 'show mgcp'

Regards

Allan.

Ok...I have to tell you also that we had a Call Manager guy here but he quit. So I am rookie at this. We just did a ping test from the call manager to the gateway and it worked.

show ccm-manager shows the Primary listed and that the GW is trying to register to CM with the IP "172.16.16.10".

Please ensure that on CM, under the Voice Gateway, you are adding the Router with the domain name as "VGW.atg.andreylab.com"

OK...thanks alot. In the call manager the router domain name didn't have the VGW at the begining of "VWW.atg.andreylab.com". I updated it then reset everything. Now on the router I see the IP address as active Call managers. Also also I see dial-peers added in from call manager now. Thank you for the help guys.

Here are all the commands entered in the router for ccm-manager and MGCP

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager config server 172.16.16.10

ccm-manager config

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 172.16.16.10 service-type mgcp version 1.0

mgcp validate domain-name

!

mgcp profile default

Firstly when you configure ccm-manager config, this initiates a download of the configuration for the respective endpoint FXO, PRI ISDN ?

Therefore all the subsequent mgcp commands are automatically added to configuration without any manual intervention required.

Please post your configuration in order to substaniate whether the appropriate ports have been configured, and also to verify the mgcp domain name.

Essentially the hostname and domain allocated to gateway have to exactly match in CCM. If they do not then you will be reliant on DNS in order to resolve the name in CCM to the IP address of the gateway.

For example if the hostname of the gateway is VG1 and the ip domain-name is domain.com, then the name you configure in CCM for the endpoint should be VG1.domain.com

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: