Views
Helpful
Replies

solutions for having two provider links in a GSR

asanlu1977
Level 1
Level 1

hi dudes!

I have two GSRs as Internet routers in my network which I am intended to connect with two ISPs. I want to have in each router two links directly connected with both providers for BGP redundancy purposes, but due to economical limitations a second phisycal link is no longer possible in any router.

The solution that im figuring out is to implement a kind of virtual cross between both GSRs toguether with the 2 providers. In order to do that, I had dealt in my last company with a VLAN scenario in a Juniper structure but here, in my present company, don't know what to do. I've heard of local switching so that I could set up a VLAN in my configuration an so in the provider's, but not sure about it.

Anyone who had ever heard of something similar??

Thanks in advance.

Regards

5 Replies 5

asanlu1977
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestions???

Pleaseeeee

rgds

any expert here?

thanks in advance

rgds

Hi...

Local switching is a part of L2VPN scenario where both the attachment circuits (PE-CE) are landing on the same router...

Here is the URL for Local switching;

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120limit/120s/120s27/fslocal.ht

But i m not sure of your requirement.. "You want to logically have two links terminating on two GSR but physically it terminates on One GSR" ??? Can you elobarate it with any of network diagram...

HTH....

hi again!

the problem that i have is that the ISPs can advertise the traffic balanced, using a multihop BGP enviroment so that my upstream will be balanced as well.But on the other hand, my downstream cannot be iqually balanced since my upstream is not balanced.

As far as I know, BGP traffic policy is this so, the ISP outgoing traffic directly affect my upstream and all the way around.

Am I right?

Please note enclosed the outline of what i want to implement. This is a diagram of the teorical solution between the ISPs and the GSRs.

How can I enclose a file??

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card