Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Valcom V-1109RTVA and CM5.x

I'm trying to understand some odd behavior we were experiencing to a Valcom V-1109RTVA in our pre-cutover testing last night.

The Valcom is connected via an FXO port on an MGCP-configured gateway. It is a 9-zone system and I beleive it only requires a single digit once tip/ring is closed. Our goal is to have users dial 79x, where x=zone. I received the following behaviors for each of the following route-pattern configurations:

Route Pattern:79.x

Discard Predot

Result: Busy Signal

Route Pattern:79.0

Discard Predot

Result: Nothing, but if you dial another digit (e.g., 7900, 7901, 7902, etc.) it pages to the proper zone.

If I waited a couple of seconds between 790 and the last digit "x", I would get a tone back from the Valcom unit, and no page worked. I assume this is a timeout.

So it appeared the only way I could get the Valcom to work was to send it a 0 first. Is this a timing thing with the Valcom? Is there another RP config I should try?

I had also tried RPs like 79.5 (discard predot) 79.2, etc. etc. without success.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

pvoss
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same Valcom and an MGCP configured Gateway with FXO port. Exception is CM4. I can't get any response from the Valcom. Did you do anything unusual in the setup of the port to get the Valcom to respond?

Thanks in advance.

Same issue, any success?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: