cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA issues

james-mccarthy
Level 1
Level 1

We need to move our current CSA server to a different box. The hardware will be different so an image of the current server isn't possible. I've installed CSA on the new server exactly like the old server. The server name is the same, the IP is the same, the versions of CSA are the same (5.0.0.186). But the agents will not poll to the new server. The old server is off by the way. I'm convinced it is an SSL CA issue. Because the MC's are identical, the rules and policies and groups are identical. I've posted a question here before and you guys have been VERY helpful so I hope you can help here. Please let me know any additional information you need.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Hi James,

You are correct that it is a cert issue.

Your options will depend on the version you are using now but I think there are three:

1. Uninstall the old server agents and install the new ones (not fun).

2. Manually install the new cert on all hosts (ugly and time consuming).

3. Install a newer version of CSA and do a migration from the old server to the new one.

I'd go with option 3.

Tom

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Hi James,

You are correct that it is a cert issue.

Your options will depend on the version you are using now but I think there are three:

1. Uninstall the old server agents and install the new ones (not fun).

2. Manually install the new cert on all hosts (ugly and time consuming).

3. Install a newer version of CSA and do a migration from the old server to the new one.

I'd go with option 3.

Tom

Tom,

Once again you are spot on. (I rate it a "5").

Best,

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I forgot to mention that option 3 is also an opportunity to get rid of VMS and use a newer OS.

No VMS is almost worth it all by itself.

Tom

Or option 4: Do a restore to the new server as that will replace the cert.

I've tried every possible way of restoring databases and the certs, etc and it refuses to work. I've even copied the certs to the new server and edited everything to make them identical. No luck. I'm going to go with option 3. It's time for an upgrade. Thanks again for everyones help. You guys are always a huge help. Fast too!!

You are welcome and good luck with it!

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: