Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA statistics and analyzer

josephium
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i need a small ASA analyzer that can tell me each IP usage in my network, i had a situation today in which there is a high traffic usage from my office and i couldn't know from which pc , i did show conn but i couldn't know who this pc was.

thank you

8 Replies 8

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Joseph

ASDM 6.0 has the top talkers monitoring option which fits your scenario. Also Adventnet Firewall Analyzer is a goo 3rd party software for achieving what you want and more

Regards

thank you for your fast response, adventnet is kind of big and costly, and does ASDM 6.0 work with ASA 7.2 or should i upgrade to 8.0 ?

any other software suggestions ?

Thanks

You should upgrade to 8.0

I used CSM (Cisco Security Manager) and Manage-Engine Firewall Analyzer as I suggested. But CSM is much more expensive. I used to try some other softwares in past, cant remember names really but they were useless. Best are above I mentioned.

Thank you again, any problems with the 8.0 ios so far ?

IOS 8.0.3 and ASDM 6.0.3 rocks so far. Perfect improvement in SSL VPN and monitoring abilities of ASDM

congrats Huseiyn. You are doing really good.

Keep it up.

Thanks m8 :)

AdventNet is ok, not that great. I used CSM in

the past and it is a horrible product from

Cisco.

I would use Sawmill. It's a cheap product

and can do what you need.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card