Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Express

mibrahim1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with Cisco Unity Express. When the user calls his mailbox he is asked for his Extension ID followed by #.

After typing it in he gets the message: "For security reasons initial access to the mailbox is only available from the primary extension."

How can I make the mailbox accessible from all the phones?

Regards

Moe

4 Replies 4

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

I guess the user should first access his Mailbox from his own extension and "then" by doing the first logging, he will be able to access it from everywhere.

Hi Zin,

I thought so too, but the problem is, that we are trying it from the useres own extension. There must be a configuration point where you can turn this security aspect off, but I cant find it.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Moe,

Just a guess here, but was a Primary Extension defined for this user?

Clip ***In the Primary column, use the drop-down menu to select a primary extension for that subscriber.

The primary extension is the mailbox for receiving, saving, and retrieving voice-mail messages. If no primary extension is designated for a subscriber, that subscriber cannot receive, save, or retrieve voice-mail messages.

In this field, None means that none of the displayed extensions for the subscriber is the primary extension. You can designate a mailbox for this subscriber now, but the subscriber cannot access it until you configure the subscriber's primary extension at a later time.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00808746e3.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey rob,

I now found a workaround. There was a problem with the passwords and pins of the users. After changing them the mailbox was accessible again. Seems to be a bug or something like that. Maybe there was no Pin configurated for some of the useres before.

But thank you for your help.

Cheers

Moe