Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Express

mibrahim1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with Cisco Unity Express. When the user calls his mailbox he is asked for his Extension ID followed by #.

After typing it in he gets the message: "For security reasons initial access to the mailbox is only available from the primary extension."

How can I make the mailbox accessible from all the phones?

Regards

Moe

4 Replies 4

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

I guess the user should first access his Mailbox from his own extension and "then" by doing the first logging, he will be able to access it from everywhere.

Hi Zin,

I thought so too, but the problem is, that we are trying it from the useres own extension. There must be a configuration point where you can turn this security aspect off, but I cant find it.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Moe,

Just a guess here, but was a Primary Extension defined for this user?

Clip ***In the Primary column, use the drop-down menu to select a primary extension for that subscriber.

The primary extension is the mailbox for receiving, saving, and retrieving voice-mail messages. If no primary extension is designated for a subscriber, that subscriber cannot receive, save, or retrieve voice-mail messages.

In this field, None means that none of the displayed extensions for the subscriber is the primary extension. You can designate a mailbox for this subscriber now, but the subscriber cannot access it until you configure the subscriber's primary extension at a later time.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00808746e3.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey rob,

I now found a workaround. There was a problem with the passwords and pins of the users. After changing them the mailbox was accessible again. Seems to be a bug or something like that. Maybe there was no Pin configurated for some of the useres before.

But thank you for your help.

Cheers

Moe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: