cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Putting a pause in a speed dial

andym1iptech
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who wants to set a speed dial on their 7970 (ccm 4.1.3).

It needs to dial a number, pause for a second, then enter a PIN code.

I have looked through the system etc and can find no reference to putting a pause in, any ideas ?

5 Replies 5

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Have you tried using a comma (,) this denotes a 1 second pause. Whether this applicable in your case, as I suspect that you are expecting the call to be connected prior to inputting the pin?

Hope this helps

Regards

Allan.

Allan

I think comma's only work in respect of routers and CME.

If I try this in CCM it says it is an invalid character and that you can only use 1-9 * and #.

It would seem very unusual to not be able to put a pause in somehow but I can't see any way of doing it.

Yes I am expecting the call to connect prior to the pause, this is how it worked on our PBX prior to migration although # would probably do that for us.

Andy, my apologies should have read the post more carefully. However, as you mentioned the comma only works on CME as far as I'm aware

There is a feature request BugId CSCec41905 which is still open for this, this was originally opened in 3.3. The requests simply states as follows:-

"This is a feature request to give an IP phone the ability to pause while dialing

digits by speed dial".

This appears to still be the case within 5.x, whether this is possible in CUCM6 I don't know, I suspect not?

Regards

Allan.

There is no way to put a pause in Cisco CallManager, and after I left the TAC there were no intentions to include it anytime soon.

Thanks for all the answers guys, you've confirmed my worst fears.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: