Views
Helpful
Replies

ip igmp snooping explicit-tracking

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

hello

how can i disable IGMP snooping explicit-tracking under my interface vlan:this command is not supported:no ip igmp snooping explicit-tracking

10xs

IGMP is disabled on interface

Multicast routing is disabled on interface

Multicast TTL threshold is 0

No multicast groups joined by this system

IGMP snooping is globally enabled

IGMP snooping is disabled on this interface

IGMP snooping fast-leave is disabled and querier is disabled

IGMP snooping explicit-tracking is enabled

IGMP snooping last member query response interval is 1000 ms

IGMP snooping report-suppression is enabled

3 Replies 3

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Please can you post your IOS version, IGMPv3 expliciting tracking is enabled from release 12.2(14)SX.

So it is assumed that you are running this version or later? The commands for disabling are as described below, if these commands are not available for you then it would appear to be an IOS related problem and we would need to verify whether you running into a known issues depending on the release you are running.

Ordingarily if IGMP is not used in the network and if it is needed in order to eliminate the multicast MAC address entries for the MAC address table, issue these commands under the VLAN interface configuration:

no ip igmp snooping explicit-tracking

no ipv6 mld snooping explicit-tracking

no ipv6 mld snooping

These IGMP commands are automatically enabled when the Cisco IOS software is upgraded. If this is happens, then these IGMP commands would have to be disabled again.

Regards

Allan.

hello alan

here is my ios:

s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.122-18.SXE6a.bin

Apologies for the delay in responding, unfortunately I have not been able to identify any known issues within this release concerning this command. :(

I have looked through various documentation concerning configuring and disabling IGMPv3 explicit tracking, and also the command lookup tool, all which do not given any indication of being version dependant.

Unforunately I don't have access to Sup720 in the lab at the moment to test this on other release. Therefore can I suggest that speak to your Cisco SE or raise with TAC to get a definative answer on this, this unless of course anyone else in the forum can shed a little light on this?

Regards

Allan.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card