cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UK based International destination-pattern

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Im going to be putting in a UC520 for our boss soon.

He needs to call Ireland, America, Austria, Australia, France.. basically any international country by the looks of it.

Originally I set up the following dial-peer thinking it would take care of all international calls, but it doesnt.

dial-peer voice 54 pots

description ** Outbound International Call **

preference 1

destination-pattern 900...........

port 0/1/0

forward-digits 13

no sip-register

(I set it up with Ireland in mind because he has a factory there. Calls to Ireland landlines work with this dialpeer)

Do I have to set up a dialplan for each country im going to call? or is there one catch-all i can use?

Thanks!

PS here are my other dialpeers for reference:

dial-peer voice 53 pots

description ** Outgoing national landline / mobiles **

preference 10

destination-pattern 90[1-9].........

port 0/1/0

forward-digits 11

no sip-register

dial-peer voice 52 pots

destination-pattern 920......

port 0/1/0

forward-digits 6

prefix 20

no sip-register

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hi,

you chaned interdigit timout under telephony-service, and still 10 secs before the call is placed ?

Another tecnique is to configure specialized DP for countries that have fixed length numbering, and/or enter # as terminator for the number, this way the call is placed immediately.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Try the following destination pattern on you pots dial-peer, it is less explicit however it basically your match-all.

Although you will have to wait for the interdigit time-out, you can shorten this on the voice port to say 5 seconds:-

destination-pattern 900T

port 0/1/0

prefix 00

voice-port 0/1/0

timeouts interdigit 5

Hope this helps

Regards

Allan

Ok Allan i'll give this a go. (Our ISDN2 has just developed a fault so I cant test it grrr)

Shall I remove forward-digits 13 from my dialpeer now and use the prefix 00 as well?

Always the way.

Yes remove forward-digits 13 from the dial-peer and configure the prefix 00.

Essentially the dialled string is explicitly matched in this instance by 900, and consequently the 900 is stripped and only the remaining digits are forwarded.

Therefore we need to prefix 00 back on the called party number.

Regards

Allan.

Hi, that worked great but..

even though ive set interdigit timeout to 5, it still waits around 10 seconds before it starts to dial the number.

Is there another timout somewhere I can alter?

Thanks

hi,

you chaned interdigit timout under telephony-service, and still 10 secs before the call is placed ?

Another tecnique is to configure specialized DP for countries that have fixed length numbering, and/or enter # as terminator for the number, this way the call is placed immediately.

Aha! No I only changed it under voice-port 0/1/0.. changed it under telephony-service too and it works :)

Cheers!!!

Yep..

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Thanks for following up Paolo, and thanks for the rating Huw.

Best Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: