Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Cisco 1130 AP and INTERMEC CV30

m.contado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

I've a little problem with three Cisco 1130 AP. Anticipately i tell you that i'm not a guru of cisco wireless, but my implementation is very simple. I need a roaming for the 3 AP. I only have Ap, so i configure one as Master Ap and the others like repeater with cisco aironet extension configured. All 3 on the same channel and only the Master one broadcast SSID. Wep security implemented. My Cv30 terminals randomly loose the signal also if they're near an AP. They use windows mobile but i think is only a wrong config problem. I need help. Thank you very much.

Alex

2 Replies 2

brian.johns
Level 1
Level 1

If your intent is to allow roaming of your clients between your 3 APs then you should configure all three as root devices, same SSID, same WEP. Set the three APs on different channels (1,6 and 11). You should then be able to roam between them.

Roaming can be improved with the implementation of Cisco extensions on the clients (if they support it).

Thak you very much! Next week I'll try your solution!! Bye Bye!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card