Views
Helpful
Replies

7200 (7206) Chassis Serial Number

gwhansen59
Level 1
Level 1

All,

How do you pull a chassis serial number from the CLI? I thought 7200s used an RSP and that you were able to pull the chassis serial number using the 'show rsp chassis-info'

thanks in advance.

GH

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

No, the 7200 uses NPE and not RSP, there is no way to read chassis S/N by software commands.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

Just try show inventory command, it will show the chasis serial no.

Rate if it does,

Rgs.

I have had success in getting the chassis serial number using the show inventory command only on ISR routers. I have tried the show inventory command on several different 7206 (with a couple different versions of IOS) and I have NEVER had it give me a number that matches what is on the label on the chassis. The output shows a number which is supposed to be the chassis serial number. But on 7206 it has not been the number that appears on the chassis label.

As far as I know the only reliable way to get the chassis serial number of 7206 is visual inspection of the chassis.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card