cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 password change

p.sand
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to enforce periodic password changes with Unity 4.2(1). If I turn on password expiration does it count out x number of days from the day I turned it on? If so, is there a way I can have evryone forced to change their vm password and set the expir. to 6 months? Also, what does the user hear when their password expires? We are using Unity with Exch 2003 if that matters. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Here is how you can accomplish this (with the caveat of letting your users know in advance :-):

1. Change the Unity Password duration by going into the SA. Navigate to Subscribers - Account Policy - Phone Password Restrictions. Change the field "Days until password expires" to 180.

2. Run BulkEdit, add subscribers to grid and select all of your subscribers by selecting "Select All". Set the following onthe Passwords Tab "User must change password at next login". Make the value "True".

3. Run the program.

4. When your users next login to the Unity conversation from their phones, i.e. Press the Messages button or call in remotely to signin, they will be prompted to change the password. The enforcement will take affect at that time and be honored for 180 days. They will hear "Your password has expired. You must change your password." Unity then prompts the user to change and steps through the process.

Ginger

Hey Ginger,

Really a GREAT answer! 5 points for your continued excellence here :)

Happy Holidays,

Rob

Hi Rob (et all)

You are always so nice!!!! Thank you for your many contributions/postings on this site too! And to all of you that post here for the betterment & enrichment of folks like me, who first visited here in need of help, Happy Holidays and Happy 2008!

Sincerely, Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: