cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CB21AG-A-K9 Woes

bcarey123
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any experience with this card? We purchased 2 for doing site surveys, but on one of the machines the Aironet Desktop Utility does not work. The other machines are fine. If I have Windows control the wireless it will connect and all of that other jazz. I would prefer to have ADU handle this job though. It is much better for this function.

Anywho. I have Uninstalled/Rebooted/Reinstalled. I have checked to ensure the latest drivers are being used. I've tried old drivers. The result is always the same. If I do a Client Managed Test, the "Card Enable Test" fails. I've checked and the card is enabled by windows and there are no conflicts with the device. Is there something I've overlooked?

-Thanks

Brian Carey

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

When you go into Administrative tools > Computer management > Device manager > Network > adapters, is the adapter seen there & there is not a red-X on it

No red 'X' there. The card is enabled in both the hardware manager and in network connections.

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

Have you established that the card actually works?

Ie, can you put either card in the working machine and have it work okay? If both cards work in one machine, it's most likely a laptop problem. If one of the cards fail, I'd buy a new card.

The card works in other machines. And the card works in the current machine, but not with the Cisco software. If I have windows control the card I can connect to Wireless Access Points. The Cisco software is what is not recognizing the card and saying that it is not enabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card