Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping

sureshkum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have pix 535, 6 interfaces, active stanby mode.In that 2 of the primary pix interfaces unable to ping from Secondary pix and vis versa.In that particular interface status are normal. Even i have checked with rebooting pix also.but i am finding input errors and overrun error in that particular interfaces. Kinldy provide me solution to solve the issue..

2 Replies 2

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Sureshkumar

If you are trying to ping the inside interface from outside, yo should set the following

management-access inside

Also inspect ICMP traffic

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

inspect icmp

Regards

Hi Huseyin Kayahan,

Thanks for ur response.but my question is somehow not clear.i think. Let us say again.As i told earlier. We have 4 dmz's, inside and outside interface. My problem is unable to ping primary Inside interface to Secondary inside interface.Same way prirmary one DMZ to the same Secondary DMZ's.I hope for that to receive pinging response, no need go for extra config.Because primary inside to secondary inside interface comes under same sbnetwork.More over rest of the 2 interfaces all other primary and secondary interfaces are pinging each other.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card