cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.6 Customizable Groups under DFM

steffen.plorin
Level 1
Level 1

can someone help me and explain how to work with it ? What are the difference between Customizable group 1 until C and the groups for Access Interface Trunk Ports ? Can someone help again and explain me how I can configure a switch to get only DFM alerts for a uplink problem and not for access port up down, also syslogs only for defined up-links ?

Great thanks in advanced for any help

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Functionally, there are no differences between the lettered groups and the numbered groups. However, the lettered groups are designed for troubleshooting one device (though they may contain more than one device).

By default, DFM only manages uplink ports. Uplink ports are those that DFM determines are connected to other managed devices. So you should not be seeing events and alerts for access ports unless you've explicitly managed them. If you have managed them, you can go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details, and unmanage those ports.

To prevent syslog messages from being sent for access ports, you can turn off link messages for those ports in the configuration:

int fa1/0/1

no logging event link-status

He Jclarke Danke again for answer, I will prevent the syslogging from it. Danke !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: