cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking A Couple Of Numbers...

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to block (Inbound) a couple of telephone numbers either in the CallManager or VoiceGateway?

Kind regards,

Sana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fortunately blocking or restricting the calling party number is only possible for H323 using translation rules, this is not the case with CallManager:-

1. Configure Voice translation rule.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /number_to_block/

rule 2 reject /number_to_block/

2. Configure Voice translation profile.

voice translation-profile Calling_Block

translate incoming 1

3. Assing the Voice translation profile to the incoming pots dial-peer.

dial-peer voice xyz pots

translation-profile incoming Calling_Block

Hope this helps.

Seasons Greetings

Allan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

This specifically depends on whether you have configured the endpoint using either MGCP or H323?

Also is it the Calling Party or Called party number which you wish to restrict?

Please advise, and we will be able provide you with more detailed information on how to do. Either way it certainly is possible, but how you do it depends on the above.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your reply.

The eindpoint is using H323 configuration and I want to restrict the Calling Party (call originator) number.

Kind regards,

Sana

Fortunately blocking or restricting the calling party number is only possible for H323 using translation rules, this is not the case with CallManager:-

1. Configure Voice translation rule.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /number_to_block/

rule 2 reject /number_to_block/

2. Configure Voice translation profile.

voice translation-profile Calling_Block

translate incoming 1

3. Assing the Voice translation profile to the incoming pots dial-peer.

dial-peer voice xyz pots

translation-profile incoming Calling_Block

Hope this helps.

Seasons Greetings

Allan.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I believe our account is configured with MGCP gateways, so am I out-of-luck in regards to the issue of having the ability to "block an incoming caller ID number"?

Unfortunately, yes, there's no way to do it with MGCP, we just ran into the same issue a couple weeks back.

The only other option we could think of was to see if the Telco was able to block it on their end, which they couldn't do.

you could force the number through ipcc if you have it and block it through a script there, and then forward on to the DN if allowed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: