Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate from 3.3 to 6.x

microtel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Please can u help how to restore the backup did on call manager 3.3 by BAT to call manager v6 using DRS

Thanks all

4 Replies 4

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

It's not supported and it takes some effort as well as the schemes have changed. You will probably need to use a new server anyways since 3.1.2 is so old I doubt that hardware is compatible with CCM 5/6.

Yes i will use a new server of course but my question is how to recover configurations (phones,gw, dial plan..) from CM 3.3 server to 6.x Server

Thanks

Hi,

You'll have to restore your DB on an exact version 3.3 of your old configuration (possibly first on older hardware too..upgrades are always a joy).

Then, upgrade that in steps to 4.x, and then go to 6.

Have a search on CCM for the CallManager compatibility matrix to prepare a good upgrade plan.

Good luck!

Cédric

kinwai
Level 1
Level 1

You can't restore it directly due to the different scheme used (different database).

The way i did was 3.3 to upgrade 4.x, 4.x to 6

The company need to purchase the upgrade license for 4.x , 6.x.

I did 4.x export to 6 version using DMA tools in lab environment. It will give you a "DMA.tar" file.

The "DMA.tar" file must be there during installation stage for CUCM 6 when prompt to, you can't restore it later after the CUCM 6 is up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: