Cisco VPN Client Ver. 3.6.5(A)

Unanswered Question
Dec 14th, 2007

This is a last ditch effort to solve a problem that I have recently been tasked with.

I work for at a facility contracted by the government in the IT section. The site supports roughly 3000 computers with a few less actual users. We currently use a software application known as Optix Document Management developed by Mindwrap to store and act as a central repository for electronic documents for the entire plant.

I have recently discovered that having a portion of the Cisco VPN Client Ver. 3.6.5(A) installed drastically increases the speed in which Optix (the application) is able to copy an electronic document to a temp directory and open it for viewing in the files associated application. The portion of the VPN client that I am referring to is the Deterministic Network Enhancer (more specifically the two miniports that it installs).

I have done a fair amount of research on this DNE Service that is used by the VPN Client. I have found that the newest version of Deterministic Network Enhancer Ver. 3.21.xxxx doesn't produce the same increase in speed when using Optix. DNE Ver. 2.30.xxxx is the version that gets installed on a system when the aforementioned Cisco VPN Client version gets installed.

My first question is whether the installation of the VPN client on a system effectively consumes a license regardless of the actual use of the software.

My second question is whether anyone has had any luck in trying to just install the DNE miniports independently from the installation of the VPN Client.

My third question is whether or not anyone else has seen a drastic increase in network data transfer speeds from the perspective of the end user.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as this is a last ditch effort to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion