cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM trunk/channel ports not operating correctly

jroyster
Level 1
Level 1

New commands were added to 6500 IOS SXF6 to ease initial setup of the trunk and channel ports for the wism. Problem is after typing these commands I can't undo them. This is the "wism module <mod> controller 1 native-vlan" command.

After removing these commands and manually setting up the gig ports and channel/trunk the gig port are in a up/down state and the port channel is down/down. Seems like there is a disconnect between the automaticall created channel group with the new commands. It creates a channel numbered 288 or higher. You can then see this is somehow bound to the wism and it's ports.

Any ideas on how to fully remove the auto-assigned high port-channel interface? Or am I stuck doing it the auto way and I'll have to put the gig ports in the high channel-group?

sh wism module 4 controller 1 status

WiSM Controller 1 in Slot 4

Operational Status of the Controller : Oper-Up

Service VLAN : <snip>

Service Port : 9

Service Port Mac Address : <snip>

Service IP Address : <snip>

Management IP Address : <snip>

Software Version : 4.1.171.0

Port Channel Number : 289

Allowed vlan list : empty

Native VLAN ID : 1

WCP Keep Alive Missed : 0

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

service-port IPs need to be changed to a network address with the 1st octet completely different than any other interface on your controller. There should be only 1 controller listed in the mobility group with which will be the controller you are currently on. All othersshould have the name of your mobility group there

Is it just me or does it seem archaic that a device that lives in Cisco's flagship router can't recognize VLSM?

Is the WiSM service port not able to recognize VLSM still a requirement or is this just from old documentation? The service port is configured with a network mask, so why shouldn't it be able to recognize VLSM. I saw this requirement in one (old?) Cisco doc, but haven't seen it anywhere else.

Thanks

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just create new port channels and leave the port 289 there... you can't remove that.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card