Views
Helpful
Replies

using QoS for Vedio traffic

ahmedalammari
Level 1
Level 1

dears;

i'm from ISP and one my customer has 2 locations connected thru VPN-GRE tunnelling , and both of them connected to my PoPs in different areas via wirless P2P outdoor links each of them 2Mb national, on their border routers we configured QoS to classifying and marking traffic for Voice and Vedio traffic. note that; thier wireless links in both locations connection in my POPs to MLS 3750 as a L3 port we normal configuration

!

interface F1/0/13

descr ........

ip add 172.17.201.17 255.255.255.248

speed auto

duplex auto

!

The problem is the customer complains about huge packet loss when they start the Vedio conferencing with the 2nd branch causes the link to be down.

So please what is your suggestions to solve this problem and is there any configuration must be added in my ISP-MLS switch?

3 Replies 3

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

think you need to add "mls qos trust dscp" on the switchports connecting customers.

Hieu Cao
Level 4
Level 4

can you post your QoS config in your router/switch.

have you checked with the customer about speed/duplex/ and QoS setting that they may have set for their video euipment? when was the last time that they are able to do a video conference successfully with good audio/video?

only the QoS configured on customer routers in both locations and no QoS configuration on my MLS 3750 ports ( ISP side ).

some times get good performance and most of the time there is packet loss.

note; this problem starting after the customer configure the QoS in thier both routers?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card