cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ME-3400G-12CS QoS

ivan_tushev
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having troubles with a 3400G catalyst with 12 combo gig ports. I'm using the device in a foreign collocation center and all I require from it is just simple switching and trunking.

Current outgoing rate to the core network is ~750 Mbit/s and average 120k pps. I'm experiencing up to 4% packet loss to peers connected on this switch. I'm afraid that this could be due to default QoS config on the machine. To be honest I do not require QoS at all but I don't know how to disable it!

Digging the net for 2 hours now with no result - any suggestions?

P.S. "mls qos" - there is no such thing on this switch

2 Replies 2

Zsolt.Maj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Some sentences from the config guide:

"Default QoS Configuration

There are no policy maps, class maps, table maps, or policers configured. At the egress port, all traffic goes through a single default queue that is given the full operational port bandwidth. The default size of the default queue is 48 (256-byte) packets."

There is no default QoS configuration, imho.

Well I'm not quite sure because I'm getting heavy packet loss (4-5%) at 70% load on the ports (thats ~700 Mbit/s ). So basically I want to totally turn off the QoS so I can eliminate the possibility of packets getting in the wrong queue or having not enough buffers.

I've had the same issue with 3750ME and fixed it by tuning the queues using "mls qos" commands but I have no clue how to do this on the 3400, and tbh I don't need QoS on this device at all.

I don't know why CISCO did not document this.

Still waiting for some wise advice :)

P.S. We eliminated possible cabling issues, duplex, speed or trunking mismatches.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card