cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP registration failing

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Im trying to get my MGCP gateway to register with the UCM ver 6. I think my problem is that the hosts file needs to be edited so that it knows the gateway name. Anyone know how to do that in UCM6, unix version? Ive gone through the "utils network" command, but not sure how to edit the file. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Just running through the configuration and there are couple of commands missing which I would ordinarily expect to see when the MGCP endpoint are configured.

I suspect the reason is that the configuration has not been download as it does not know where to obtain it from:-

ccm-manager redundant-host

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server

ccm-manager config

The command ccm-manager config initiates a download of the configuration, when this occurs the pri-groups are configured accordingly, and the serial-interfaces are bound to callmanager.

This is what I would expect to see in controllers:-

controller T1 0/1/0

pri-group timeslots 1-24 service mgcp

!

controller T1 0/1/1

!

The following command under the serial interface are also not shown in the running config, this command is added automatically:-

interface Serial0/1/0:23

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

!

interface Serial0/1/1:23

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

!

!

Initially apply the ccm-manager commands as described as the beginning of the post and then we'll take it from there if it fails after that.

Hope this helps

Regards

Allan.

View solution in original post

No, you would simply need to configure an additional command to the ones already mentioned, as you have already specified:-

ccm-manager fallback mgcp

When the gateway falls back to H323 the ISDN bind-l3 ccm-manager command is automatically removed from the interface therefore the D-channel is no longer back-hauled to CUCM and H323 becomes active.

When the gateway is able to register with CUCM the command is re-added, and once again the D-Channel is back-hauled to CUCM.

Regards

Allan.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

Did you try vi editor?

doesnt really give me that option. the unix version on this server looks very limited in what you can do.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Not necessary, simply make sure that the gateway hostname and ip domain-name match exactly the MGCP name that you have configured in CCM.

For example hostname is VG1 and domain-name is domain.com, then the name you configure in CCM is VG1.domain.com

Hope this helps

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Yeah, here is what I just ran:

admin:file dump sftpdetails known_hosts

This does show that its correct in my sitiuation. Will have to troubleshoot further. See attached config, see you see anything that you would change:

Priority Status Host

============================================================

Primary Registering with CM 192.168.10.5

First Backup None

Second Backup None

Current active Call Manager: None

Backhaul/Redundant link port: 2428

Failover Interval: 30 seconds

Keepalive Interval: 15 seconds

Last keepalive sent: 19:08:51 UTC Dec 14 2007 (elapsed time: 01:23:58)

Last MGCP traffic time: 20:32:34 UTC Dec 14 2007 (elapsed time: 00:00:15)

Last failover time: None

Last switchback time: None

Switchback mode: Graceful

MGCP Fallback mode: Enabled/ON

Last MGCP Fallback start time: 19:11:06 UTC Dec 14 2007

Last MGCP Fallback end time: None

MGCP Download Tones: Disabled

By the way, verified that it is labeled correctly in UCM.

Just running through the configuration and there are couple of commands missing which I would ordinarily expect to see when the MGCP endpoint are configured.

I suspect the reason is that the configuration has not been download as it does not know where to obtain it from:-

ccm-manager redundant-host

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager config

The command ccm-manager config initiates a download of the configuration, when this occurs the pri-groups are configured accordingly, and the serial-interfaces are bound to callmanager.

This is what I would expect to see in controllers:-

controller T1 0/1/0

!

controller T1 0/1/1

!

The following command under the serial interface are also not shown in the running config, this command is added automatically:-

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

!

interface Serial0/1/1:23

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

!

!

Initially apply the ccm-manager commands as described as the beginning of the post and then we'll take it from there if it fails after that.

Hope this helps

Regards

Allan.

I was trying to go for a config that would go with MGCP with UCM, and if UCM went down, it would go into SRST mode and use H323. Would that change anything in the MGCP config portion you just mentioned?

Did this portion and it registered:

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager config

Priority Status Host

============================================================

Primary Registered 192.168.10.5

First Backup None

Second Backup None

Also, what I didnt mention is that there is NO redundant UCM in place. If it fails, then the gateway (config you see) is what should take over. I personally dont like that, but wasnt up to me. So, as far as the rest of the config goes, should I continue with what you recommended?

No, you would simply need to configure an additional command to the ones already mentioned, as you have already specified:-

ccm-manager fallback mgcp

When the gateway falls back to H323 the ISDN bind-l3 ccm-manager command is automatically removed from the interface therefore the D-channel is no longer back-hauled to CUCM and H323 becomes active.

When the gateway is able to register with CUCM the command is re-added, and once again the D-Channel is back-hauled to CUCM.

Regards

Allan.

Actually, going through the config again, it put these commands in automatically:

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

controller T1 0/1/0

!

By the way, Thanks for the help allen

No problem at all, glad to be of help. Thank you for the nice rating.

Seasons Greetings

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: