cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1100 : add a new wpa-psk ssid

eddy_isere
Level 1
Level 1

If Anyone knows multissid for Cisco 1100 and can help me ?

My Cisco 1100 configuration is :

No vlan,

Only one ssid, wep mandatory with encryption key in 128.

=> Now :

I have to add a ssid wpa-psk (but I have to keep the wep ssid) and this wpa ssid will have to be : « no broadcast ssid in beacon ».

I don't know exactly what I can do for adding this wpa-psk (with a different key) because, if I modify the mode ciphers in tkip (now the encryption is wep mandatory), I fear I can lose my actual configuration in wep.

=> Here is what I think to use to enable a wpa-psk, but I am not sure that it is the good way for multi ssid, and if these commands can disable the wep ssid :

AP(config)#interface dot11Radio 0

AP(config-if)#encryption mode ciphers tkip

AP(config-if)#ssid ssid_name

AP(config-if-ssid)#authentication open

AP(config-if-ssid)#authentication key-management wpa

AP(config-if-ssid)#wpa-psk ascii « pre-shared_key »

I hope you will excuse me for my English.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ed

3 Replies 3

eddy_isere
Level 1
Level 1

Must I create two vlan's :

* one for wep (this wep exist and must be keep until all the clients are configured in wpa),

* one for the wpa.

But how to configure each vlan, because that is the same access for wep and wpa.

Thank you for your help.

Eddy

check this link it should have your answer or point you in the right direction.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801c40b6.shtml

one word of advice use the GUI interface, do not use the CLI to do this there are to many interrelated statements needed in the config file.

good luck

Bill

Thank you for your message. I'm trying to configure with GUI interface the new VLAN for ssid wpa, but when I apply this new VLAN, it is impossible to connect with WEP key (defined without VLAN.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card