cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN Calls to IP Phones.

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in need of help. I have an IPT single site deployment as shown attached. The PSTN Line connected to the router (Cisco 1760 router) port 2/0 is 012714045 (01 is the area code). I also have a GSM number: 08056606065. When the lady calls the PSTN line and it hits the router, I want the call to be routed to IP Phone extension 1002. Extension 1002 should also be able to make outbound calls. I also want the IP Phones to be able to receive calls from the GSM number and also to be able to call the GSM number. I'm confused with my pots and voip dial-peer. Please what router and CMM configs should I use? My CMM is CMM 4.1. Please I need it asap.

Thanks.

11 Replies 11

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tarun,

Attached is the config I already have on the router. But, calls are not still going through. Also, the status of the router on the “find and list gateway” page on the CMM is showing “NOT Found”.

Peter, essentially there are possibly two reasons why the gateway is not found within CallManager.

Firstly the H323 gateways always show a status of unknown however, if you specify the IP address for which H323 is bound to then you should see this ip address when you list the gateway. This is a good indication that the gateway is signalling to CallManager.

However, the second point is, is that I do not see the following commands associate with any of your interfaces. Therefore please add these:-

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 10.0.0.13 255.255.255.0

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.0.0.13

The address of this interface should be the address you assign the H323 gateway in CCM 10.0.0.13. Then we will investigate any further issues.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Allan,

Thanks for yr response. I have added the h323-gateway commands on the fa0/0 interface and the ip address of the GW now shows on the CMM, but the calls still does not come to the IP Phones. when I call the PSTN number attached to the FXO port with another PSTN line, it rings once (on the calling number) and then gives a busy tone i.e pum, pum, pum, pum... Do u think this has anything to do with the pots dial peer?

Can you post a debug of a voice ccapi inout whilst dialing the number on the FXO.

Please also post the output from a 'show dialplan number xyz' (xyz is the number of the fxo)

These commands will help determine which dial-peers the incoming number matches and where the calling is being forwarded.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Allan,

Attached is the debub voice ccapi command. Pls I need more information on how to get the output for show dialplan number. What does xyz stands for?

Type the number of the incoming number for the FXO line.

Allan.

I have also noticed that the number 1003 has not been associated with a VoIP dial-peer.

It is possible to configure only one VoIP dial-peer with a destination pattern which would match each FXO number, such as destination-pattern 10.. or 1...

Regards

Allan.

Hi Allan,

I have been able to arrange soe commands to enable me make and receive calls, but I still have some issues. I have two 4 fxo ports on a Cisco 1760 router. When I tried to make external (outbound) calls, it goes through any free configured FXO port. Is there

any configuration to make outgoing calls pass through a specified FXO

port? i.e. I want external calls from extension 1006 to go through FXO

port 3/3. My "sh run" output is attahced. I also want to know if there is a way to limit the period (time) one can spend on a call i.e. once a call is established, it automatically disconnects after 5minutes.Pls help.

Hi,

this can be done with the technique detailed in the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Also, there is no configuration mechanism to limit duration of calls. Any custom development in this sense, can be done exclusively with a TCL/IVR script. Consider however that unless you introduce the concept of "account" or "daily allowance", nothing prevents people to dial again after their call has been cut.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

I was able to use the configs on the document. Calls were going out through designated FXO ports as expected, but when external calls come in through the port in concern, it rings once and gives a continous busy tone on the calling side (external PSTN line) while the called side (internal IP Phone) rings continuosly. Attache is the sh run config on y router.

Hi,

I was able to use the configs on the document. Calls were going out through designated FXO ports as expected, but when external calls come in through the port in concern, it rings once and gives a continous busy tone on the calling side (external PSTN line) while the called side (internal IP Phone) rings continuosly. Attache is the sh run config on y router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: