Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Redundancy..

rv_viji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a CCM server cluster working with two CCM servers, one as the publisher and the other as the subscriber. We have 7940G, 7960G and 7912 and 7911 models of IP phones working.

Recently we have updated the firmware of 7940/7960 ip phones to 8.0.7, and then on if the primary CCM goes down these 7940/7960 ip phones do not get registered with the secondary CCM. However all the other ip phone models are working fine (they get registered to the secondary CCM incase of primary fails). We are using DHCP to assign IP addresses to the ip phones and the tftp option on the DHCP server is fine (its configured with both the CCM's ip addresses).

Can someone give your inputs to solve this issue pls...

Regards

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi RV,

Hope all is well with you! The first thing that I would do is to pick one of the problem 7940/7960 IP Phones and downgrade the Firmware. You could try one like 8.0.3(1)to see if the problem still exists.

I did come across this bug;

CSCsc82124 Bug Details

7960 tries fallback to CCM that has CCM service shut but port 2000 open

Symptom:

IP Phones 7960 and 7940 may periodically try to register to Primary Cisco CallManager that has CallManager service shut, but CCM port 2000 (Skinny port) is still open

Conditions:

This is seen only when the CCM service is shut but the CCM port 2000 is still open

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I'm doing good, sorry for delayed reply I was on my vacation....

Hey, I tried downgrading the firmware to 8.0.3, but still the same issue...

What else could be the problem?? any inputs..??

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: