cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIDs

mikedurbin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. I have a question in a Unified Communications Manager environment. How do you configure a Unified Communications Manager server to forward calls coming in? If the DID is the same as the extension, is there any configuration necessary? I would think that if the number coming is was different than the number you want it to go to, you would use a translation pattern, but would you do that for an PSTN number that is the same as an internal extension?

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the incoming number is the same as the DID (significant digits) and as long as the Calling Search Space assigned to the Gateway has access to the phone's parition then the call will simply be delivered.

If the extension for example is 4 digits but telco is sending you 10 digits then you need to change the "significant digits" field on the GW to 4.

If the extension is completely different from any digits in the DID then you can use translation patters to translate the DID to internal extension.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for helping and clarifying. I "thought" that might be the answer, but I obviously didnt "know" the answer. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: