Views
Helpful
Replies

Manual Device Package Installation

PJWHITBY
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know if it is possible to manually add RME Device Packages?

Using the GUI (Common Services > Software Centre > Device Update > RME >Check For Updates > Cisco.com) it tells me that all packages are installed, but I know that the Cat3000 package is missing.

It shows up on CV but not in RME and I cannot Sync Archive on any of the devices (3524, 3548 etc) that this package supports.

I am using RME 4.1 on a Windows server.

Thanks

Paul

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This problem typically occurs on Windows 2003, and is indicative of a bad installation. What happens is the two RME package directories, NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/rme and NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/pkgs become out of sync. Those two directories must have identical contents in terms of .zip files. When the former directory has a package that the latter does not, PSU will think the package is installed, but RME will not.

While you can copy the contents of the former directory to the latter, you may have other installation-related problems, and a reinstallation from scratch is always safest. Before attempting the reinstallation, you should set your global and per-user TEMP and TMP environment variables to something short like C:\WINDOWS\TEMP, then reboot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: