Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing...

nakulvkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Kindly requesting your inputs, here is a situation. I have a customer with a Hub site and 2 spoke sites connected over an IP/MPLS VPN network.

Each site (Hub and Spoke) has 2 CE routers connected to 2 different MPLS VPNs from the same provider (can connect to a same PE or different PEs)

I want to know how I can achieve hot standby for both the VPNs in other words I want an "active-active" configuration.

How can I do it any ideas??

I am looking at iBGP... would be glad if anyone can share some existing and proven ideas.

Thank You

NK

3 Replies 3

gauravprakash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can u plz elaborate ur objectives..

G

Hi Gaurav,

The situation is that I have a customer with Hub and Spoke configuration having 2 MPLS VPNs, originally they had an active/standby configuration, but now they want both the VPNs to be active at the same time.

My question is are there any challenges to this... first because BGP chooses the best path. Second the TCP application performance functioning.

Thanks

NK

kevin.shi
Level 1
Level 1

I think bellow feature will meet your need:

'eBGP and iBGP Multipath Load Sharing in a BGP MPLS Network'

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a00800b5d5f.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: